Daffodils 🌼 🐾

The epitome of Spring, flowering bulbs such as tulips, daffodils and hyacinths are poisonous to cats.

Ingesting any part of the plant can lead to nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea and in some cases increased heart and respiratory rates if eaten. If you suspect your cat has eaten any part of a daffodil, then seek immediate veterinary advice!! Best practice would be to try and keep cut flowers to a room that is not accessible to your pets, or at least to an out-of-reach area.

Many of the things we associate with Spring can be extremely dangerous to our furry friends. Whilst a vase of Spring flowers 🌺 inside the house looks beautiful to us, for our pets this could prove fatal. For seasonal favourites such as Tiger and Easter lillies, the pollen, leaves, stems and even the water can result in seizures and kidney failure if ingested.

As the weather improves and the days become longer there is much to look forward to, and with a little care and consideration your pets can look forward to a perfect Springtime too!! 🐾